Today was my day for posting on the Breath Of Life Women’s Ministries site. This week the team decided to share a little of the personal side of our lives. Please take a moment to check out Jenny’s post yesterday. I will put up the link for Freida when it comes out tomorrow. I am so blessed to be a part of this ministry. It has been one of the best gifts that God has placed into my life.
I pray for you and your family as you head into the Thanksgiving weekend. May angels be with you every moment and may joyful laughter fill your days.
Thanksgiving Message From Michelle from Breath Of Life Women’s Ministries website
As Jenny said yesterday, we wanted to share a more personal side of ourselves this week instead of a list of blessings. Don’t forget that tomorrow you will get to meet Freida as well. It is our most sincere desire that you know that we are real women ministering to real women. We want to walk beside you, holding your hand and sharing life together.
I am Michelle Welch. The newest Christian of the group, I have been in awe of God’s mighty hand in our ministry from the day He placed me in a room with a complete stranger named Jenny at a conference far from home. From those first moments of coffee fueled chaos and laughter came two friendships that have changed my life forever.
Ten random thoughts in no particular order (as Jenny puts it!)
- My favorite color and flavor is orange to include orange creamsicles, orange soda, and navel oranges.
- I love all kinds of music and given the chance will attend any and all concerts in my area. I once used an entire paycheck to see Josh Groban. (yes it was worth it!)
- I attended 11 schools to include 5 different high school. (we moved a lot)
- Cooking relaxes me. The more people I can cook for the happier I am. I once made soup for 150 people every day for 7 days.
- We have 10 children and 10 grandchildren. I travel around the country driving my truck and fifth wheel visiting grandchildren when my husband is flying offshore jobs.
- I find it relaxing to grocery shop, I hate making lists, and I am a terrible housekeeper.
- I drink waaaaayyyyyyy too much coffee and always bring my personal Keurig when I travel.
- I have a gypsy soul. I once walked the streets of Tehran, Iran and I have driven across the United States 6 times.
- I collect nativity scenes from other countries with my favorite being the native American Indian ones.
- I am a Veggie Tale fanatic. I use my grandchildren as an excuse to buy every DVD that comes out and have taken them to see Veggie Tales Live when they were too young to understand but I had a blast!!! (I know…sad).
I pray daily for each and every one of you. I might not ever get to meet you but your life, your needs, your precious friendships are always on my heart. Because the first half of my life was filled with sin and brokenness, it is my deepest desire to help other women overcome their past. I don’t want to just tell you how to find Christ, I want to show you, walk with you, sit beside you, and pray with you. This Thanksgiving season I am especially grateful for those that never gave up on me. I pray that I may do for you what others did for me…..never give up, always show the love of Christ, and see past the actions to the true heart that Christ sees inside.